Friday, December 28, 2007

Pearl takes BitterGrace for a walk























This is me with doggy daughter Pearl, celebrating Christmas with a little hike in the woods. Miss P deserves to get some air time on this blog. She's half as big and twice as smart as the other two, so she wreaks far less havoc, bless her. She was our household's first canine, and she arrived on my birthday ten years ago as a starving, sick abandoned puppy. She is not so crazy about either of the big furry monsters who share her den, but when they run roughshod over her, she takes comfort in her clear intellectual superiority--and in being Dave's favorite.

2 comments:

chayaruchama said...

Pearl by name, pearl by nature.
I don't think I have to tell you how I'd treasure her...

That Dave has gooood taste in wimmin. [Thanks, Popeye !]

BitterGrace said...

You'd love Miss P., Chaya. She was born to be a city dog, really. And she doesn't mind perfume, unlike some dogs I could name.