It's been ages since I've done a question post. I know it's usually 20 questions, but hey, it's the holiday season and we're all busy--who needs more pressure? So here's a simple five, with a musical theme:
1. Why is nothing more pleasurable than wallowing in a really sad song? (Current favorite wallow: "Kitty" by the Pogues)
2. Since I am basically all in favor of booting Christ out of Christmas, why do I love religious carols and despise pop Christmas music (Vince Guaraldi emphatically excepted)?
3. Why do I spend more time thinking about practicing the violin than actually practicing?
4. Why the hell is "Astral Weeks"--the song, I mean--called "Astral Weeks?"
5. Cecilia Bartoli or Kiri Te Kanawa?