Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Dave goes to the inauguration

Dave wasn't able to send photos or even text while he was on the Mall. The network was so overloaded that his Blackberry had a little nervous collapse and had to be revived by AT&T. He put some shots up on his Facebook page after he got back to his parents' house. I'm afraid they're mostly studies of the tops of other people's heads, but he did capture a bit of crowd action. (Click to enlarge the image.)

Here we have some folks who aren't quite ready to let go of our previous beloved leader:


















Their signs are impossible to make out, but Dave reports that these tree dwellers are peaceniks of unknown political bent:


















This is the confetti toss as Obama took the slightly imperfect oath. Yes, that blurry square way off in the distance is the Jumbotron:


















Dave escaped the Mall, packed up his car, and at this moment is driving from Bethesda to New Haven. He just called me from the Joyce Kilmer rest area on the New Jersey Turnpike.

4 comments:

ScentScelf said...

Hey, nice...you got the people in the trees, and the Joyce Kilmer rest stop (she of Trees)...clever someone, you/Dave/both. :)

BitterGrace said...

I thought Dave was pulling my leg when he told me that--but there really is such a place. Did you read that silly poem I linked to? Dave needs to write "Stopping at the Joyce Kilmer Rest Stop on Inauguration Day."

Anonymous said...

I want a bumper sticker that says
Tree Dwelling Peacenik Of Unknown Political Bent.

BitterGrace said...

Now that you mention it, I want one, too! Maybe I can get some made. Seriously, I'll see.