Saturday, February 16, 2008

It's 10 pm in Glasgow. Do I know where my husband is?
























He's probably not at the little hotel above, though he tells me it's quite nice and that we should stay there next time we go. Odds are he's at The Arches, listening to "Energy Births Form," one of tonight's shows at the Instal Festival. Dave and his buddies play tomorrow night, right after a Japanese act described as "durational group-mind drone and clatter: bamboo, electronics, the contents of your local ironmongers bin."

Am I sorry I'm missing this? Well, kinda.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'd have to tie me down to get me to listen to most of that stuff, but aside from that, I'd like to know why you didn't go myself. Gracie, is you crazy? Maybe you couldn't get excited about Scotland in February.

Renee

BitterGrace said...

Well, to answer your question, yes, probably--but I also couldn't get excited about Scotland in February. I'd like to see the place when the sun is shining, assuming it ever does. The December gloom was actually kinda nice, but I have a limited appetite for it.

mrb said...

Go in August when the heather is in bloom. I'm sure we will get some wonderful entries from your visit.

chayaruchama said...

Sadly, all you infer appeals to my darker side.
Sure, I'll bite.
Maybe Dave will ask me, next time ?
Whaddaya think ???

BitterGrace said...

Chaya, you have no idea what you're volunteering for ;-)

mrb--That's what I'm holding out for. I would love to see the heather in bloom.