Sunday, September 30, 2007

Dead Blues Guys

The sun's gone down and I never got around to putting up a blog post today. I've been working all day and my little brain is tired, so I don't dare try to write anything. I'd probably just get myself in trouble. So, in lieu of any incomprehensible words from me, click here to go to the site for Dead Blues Guys, "a virtual tour of the final resting places (FRP) of blues musicians and significant people who have contributed to the development and growth of the blues." It's a wonderful site, with lots of info about the late and great. If you go to the photo credits page, you'll see that several of the photographers have websites that are worth checking out.

I don't know about you, but I don't think there's anything more soothing than wandering around a cemetery. I'm headed over there right now to rest my mind...

5 comments:

chayaruchama said...

That was very cool, sweetie.

I was thinking about you- found an old recording compilation of Tim Hardin, and one of Dave van Ronk.

Turned on my DH and J .

BTW- has anyone ever told you-
"You look to me like Misty Roses, Too soft to touch, but too lovely to leave alone"....

Anonymous said...

Oh, Lord! not Dave Van Ronk!

BitterGrace said...

No one's ever told me that, Chaya, but I wish they would!

Okay, I confess, Dave van Ronk is nothing but a name to me. Y'all fight it out and let me know who wins.

Mary said...

Wow, that really is cool. Thanks for the link! I'll share it with Phil, he's a big blues fan.

BitterGrace said...

I can't beleive I never ran across this site before. It's obviously been around a while. It makes me want to go hunting up old blues guys' (and gals') graves so I can submit a pic.