Thursday, May 8, 2008

Nothing happened today

At least, not on my walk through the woods. Nobody had an orgy, or got eaten by an owl, or anything like that. If they did I missed it. I did see a gray catbird--one of my favorites--and he posed very prettily in a bush for me. I stood there for ages, waiting for him to sing, but he never made a sound. Contrary little bastard.

I was going to post a catbird photo, but I couldn't find any I liked. I did, however, find a fun website on "Biomes of the World," created by the biology department at Marietta College in Ohio. Just click here, and then click on any of the color regions on the world map. Each section has a lot of photos, so be patient if your internet connection is slow. I think the page on Temperate Deciduous Forest (which includes my corner of the planet) is especially nice. Click here to see it.

2 comments:

chayaruchama said...

Thank you, beloved hermitess.

Were your ears burning, yesterday ?
I cited you as a private pleasure for a colleague, who adores avians...

Don't you smell lovely, darling.
Misty kisses to you and D.

BitterGrace said...

Well, since I tell my friends about the wonder of you, Chaya, I suppose we're even!