Sunday, May 25, 2008

Happy anniversary to us

Dave and I were married on the Sunday before Memorial Day 21 years ago. Somehow the actual date didn't register with either of us, so we're never sure exactly which day is our official anniversary--we just let the holiday be our benchmark. Yesterday Dave gave me (well, really, gave us) a framed lithograph by Laurie Lipton, an American-born artist who lives in London. She had a show at a Nashville gallery, and I fell in love with a print called "Leashed Passion." You can see it on her website here. It's the first image in the set. Click to enlarge.** Fun, huh? I'm thrilled to have it. The print is big--70 X 100 cm--so it really dominates the room where we hung it, in spite of the fact that there's a lot of other art in there.

**I think you may be able to see an even bigger image here.
















My present to Dave, in case you're wondering, is that I took him hiking with me at beautiful Beaman Park just north of Nashville. We saw wild azaleas and a Great Blue Heron. They make a pretty nice gift, don't you think?

And while we're talking about anniversaries, next weekend marks one year since I departed my former home at POL for the soulless but comparatively unrestrained environment of Blogger. I'll try to put up something especially smutty in honor of the occasion.



Wild azalea pic from the Friends of Beaman Park website.

5 comments:

Whodoo said...

Happy Anniversary! What room did you hang the picture in? It's amazing.

And Happy Un-POL anniversary, too. :-D

Perfumeshrine said...

Happy anniversary!!
And thanks for gracing Blogger with your presence, wit and candour for a whole year: much appreciated, always a pleasurable and informative visit.

:-))

Hugs!

BitterGrace said...

Thank you! 21 years is a long time.

The picture went in the living room, R--it's a big room with a lot of windows, but it doesn't get direct sunlight, so it's really perfect for hanging art.

Thanks for being a loyal--and vocal!--visitor, E. I really enjoy being part of the blogging world.

chayaruchama said...

Kudos to you both !
[I'd marry both of you, in a heartbeat- if marriage weren't so tiring, LOL]

I just love that print- it's a keeper.

I miss you both on POL.
One fart's opinion, full of sound and fury, signifying ZIP.

BitterGrace said...

I'm very glad you take the time to come and see me here, Chaya, because while I do not miss POL, I do miss some of the people there. And I'm hoping you'll always be able to run into R here, too.