Sunday, December 27, 2009

In dreams...























Last night I had a peculiar dream that featured a certain well-known novelist riding around the streets of New York (or was it Philadelphia?) on a unicycle. I've been enjoying this novelist's work recently, so it's not surprising that he would turn up in a dream. I can't explain the unicycle.

The dream has been in the back of my mind, providing a nice little note of absurdity in a dreary day--which is what prompted me to click on a link to the World Dream Bank when it popped up during my Google search for Irish music (can't explain that either.) It's a fun site, well worth some time if you have a weakness for peeping into strangers' psyches. The Bank's creator, Chris Wayan, is an artist and a furry. You can read an interview with Wayan here.

Happy peeping. Enjoy your Monday.



The Dream of the Doctor (also called The Temptation of the Idler), Albrecht Dürer, 1498.

No comments: