Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Calling on my better half

I've got a number of things I want to blog about, including some recently acquired vintage perfumes and a talk by Peter Schjeldahl we attended last night. But it's been a long day and my brain is pretty fogged, so I'll save my blathering for tomorrow and recruit my brilliant husband fill in for for me today. (Thanks, Dave.)


Go here to read Dave's recent review of a William Christenberry exhibit. Even if you are not a Christenberry fan, I think you'll find Dave's take on the artist's pet themes pretty interesting. If you aren't familiar with Christenberry, you can see some of his work at the online auction site, Artnet.

Dave has also done some fine entries lately at his blog, Perambulating the Bounds, including a review of Godard's Made in U.S.A. and a particularly interesting post on St. Augustine. (Dave doesn't do permalinks, so just click over to the blog and scroll down.)

I'm off to see if I can stay awake long enough to do some reading. See you tomorrow.





Gourd Tree, William Christenberry, 1974. Image from Artnet

6 comments:

Julie H. Rose said...

That was odd. I've been blocked on Umberto Eco's name and books for two weeks now, trying to figure out how to fix that dilemma, follow the link to see what you're reading, and. . .

ScentScelf said...

More vintage? Oh, the pain, the pleasure of your tease...

BitterGrace said...

By "blocked," do you mean you couldn't think of Eco's name, Julie? Or was there a different mental hurdle? I just started Turning Back the Clock, but it's promising so far.

These oldies are pretty different from my NOLA finds, ScentScelf. Still, I think it will be fun to blather about them.

chayaruchama said...

Ah, that Dave.
Whatta guy....
SIGH.

BitterGrace said...

Yep--How many guys do you know who can read St. Augustine while watching American Idol? He's a Renaissance man.

Julie H. Rose said...

Ah, you're a lucky gal. Why can't I have a partner who reads St. Augustine and watches crappy TV?!

And as to Eco, I just couldn't think of his name, nor the name of any of his books.