Monday, September 18, 2017

Books, Art, etc.

I long ago fell out of the habit of posting my book reviews here, but I just took a notion to link to some recent ones and accompany them with a little vaguely related art I like. (You'll find some links amongst the images, too.) Cheers.



Franz Marc, The Fox 1913


Bruno Liljefors (1860-1939), Fox and Black Grouse




***


John Biggers, Shotgun, Third Ward #1, 1966


Yoshey Horishito, cover art for The Great Gatsby, 2014



*I found this painting by LWW posted all over the web, but the only title I found attributed to it was "self portrait," and that strikes me as doubtful. If anyone knows the subject of the painting, please tell me.


***


Joseph Wright of Derby, Virgil's Tomb by Moonlight with Silius Italicus Declaiming, 1779

No comments: