Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I haven't been linking to my reviews lately,

mostly because the books either didn't thrill me or didn't seem like the sort of thing that would interest you guys. But since I've already inflicted one political post on you today, I'll go all out and send you here to read my review of a book on the history of feminism in the U.S. Sounds dry, I know, but it's actually a pretty lively little book. If you can overlook the occasional excess earnestness of the third wave academic who wrote it, it delivers a nice slug of sisterhood. Plus, it gave me a chance to bitch in print about both George Bush and Hillary Clinton. What more could a book critic ask for?

2 comments:

Mary said...

Great review! Yeah, how in the world did she forget Angela Davis?

BitterGrace said...

Thanks.

I know, I couldn't believe no Angela--and just a couple of measly sentences about Emma!