Sunday, October 19, 2008

Another plug for the book page

There are some interesting reviews up at the Scene right now, including Michael Ray Taylor's wonderful piece on Skydog: The Duane Allman Story by Randy Poe. Click here to read it.

Also, check out Wayne Christeson's review of Cain's Version by Frank Durham, which can be found here. This novel is definitely on my "must read" list.

Oh, and there's a new one by me, too. I reviewed Are You Famous? Touring with Alaska's Fiddling Poet, a memoir by Ken Waldman--who is, yes, a fiddling poet. He's also from Alaska, but don't hold that against him. His last book was a poetic assault on George Bush, so I feel fairly certain he is not a Sarah Palin fan. My review is here. (With all due respect, I enjoy Waldman the fiddler more than Waldman the writer. You can sample some of the tunes off his most recent CD here.

No comments: