Sunday, January 17, 2021

Revisiting a Relic

For a long time I've thought of this blog as an artifact of a former life that I had a hard time letting go until my new life finally pushed me to abandon it. Over the past couple of years I've considered wiping it out or at least taking it offline, but I could never quite bring myself to follow through. Recent events suddenly have me wanting to return to it. My head is filled with thoughts I'd like to share but have zero interest in trying to publish anywhere, and my tolerance for the scrum of social media is dwindling by the day. So the plan is to rattle on a bit here and see how that goes. Perhaps this relic is beyond reviving. But maybe not...

* I spent part of today wandering and looking and taking pictures. The world seems full of ruins just now. I wish I knew the story behind this one. Click on the image for a closer look. You can find a fuller tour here. I might have ventured closer myself, but a dog I couldn't see barked steadily, warning me away. 

No comments: