Sunday, February 21, 2010

Promising















It was actually warm here today, and sunny. I traded my parka for a fleece jacket on my morning hike, and I opened a window in the kitchen this afternoon so I could enjoy the sweet air. I know I'm getting a little ahead of myself. It's not really quite spring. The world is still brown, and the only promise of a bloom comes from the emerging jonquils in the front yard--which I suspect are not going to make it this year because Porter keeps peeing on them. But still, winter seems to be packing for its departure. I'm happy.

The lovely weather has me in a mood to write about perfume, so check back later this week for a review of Aftelier Lumiere, and maybe I'll get to a few more Madinis while I'm at it. Y'all have a happy Monday.

Spring, Henryk Weyssenhoff, 1911

No comments: